LCHR is looking for six new volunteers to help us run the organisation and our upcoming campaigns. The volunteers will form LCHR’s managing committee, and we are looking for a Secretary, Membership Officer, Communications Officer, Fundraising Officer, Events Officer, and Campaigns Officer. Each officer will have role-specific responsibilities, as well as being involved with our campaigning work.
Responsibilities (depending on the specific volunteer role) include:
• Liaising with MPs, peers, and their support staff;
• Writing articles and briefings;
• Running our social media channels;
• Producing a regular newsletter;
• Organising events; and
• Carrying out fundraising activities.
Ideal candidates will have:
• A keen interest in human rights and politics;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including writing skills;
• A good understanding of the Labour Party; and
• Support the Labour Campaign for Human Rights and our mission.
Hours are flexible and the role is primarily home-based, although candidates will ideally be based in London for meetings and events. Around 2-3 hours per week commitment is typical by not required.
If you are interested in applying, please send a CV and short cover note to Matthew Turner at email@example.com by 31 August 2018.
We will acknowledge every application, and will aim to contact successful applicants by 1st September 2018. Interviews will take place w/c 3rd September or 27th / 28th September (with some flexibility if necessary).
You can find out more information here: http://www.w4mpjobs.org/JobDetails.aspx?jobid=67389.