Brexit and human rights
Our Brexit & human rights campaign aims to influence Brexit and post-Brexit policy in Labour and progressive circles, in order to make it compatible with human rights.
With the assistance of a group of expert advisors, and with input from all the different constituent parts of the Labour movement, LCHR is examining the challenges and opportunities that Brexit poses for human rights in the UK. We will produce policy analysis and ideas to help inform the Labour Party on how to ensure human rights are protected during and after Brexit.
The five key issues we are focusing on are:
- Citizens’ rights, such as the residency rights of EU nationals living in the UK.
- The immigration system after Brexit.
- Human rights in post-Brexit trade deals.
- Equality and employment rights.
- Hate crimes and xenophobia.